The foundation of Neighborhood Fellowship is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We believe that His life is a model for the way we should live our own, His death is the sacrifice that atoned for our sins, and His resurrection is the powerful hope we have for eternity.
We also believe:
- the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, and our ultimate authority. Every part of our doctrine, worship, and devotion as a church is built on the truth of Scripture.
- in one God who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus in the Son of God, taking on human flesh to reveal God to the world. He is the Savior of this world, taking on our sins through death on a cross and resurrecting so that we might live eternally with God.
- that personal application of the truths found in the Bible is key to our church. We seek God’s leading in how we may apply the Scriptures to our current, contemporary lives and the lives of those around us.
- in the power of community. God has given each of us with a unique set of gifts and strengths, and, because of that, there is so much we can learn from one another! We believe in the power of growing together as a faith community and supporting one another in our walks with Christ. We believe that an important ministry of the church is to bring mercy to our neighbors in need.
- in the Call To Make Disciples: The message of Jesus Christ is meant to be shared with others. Therefore, we want to equip followers of Christ at our church to fulfill God’s call to make disciples by sharing their faith, inviting others to church, and leading people towards a relationship with Christ.